[Firm Phone Number]
[Attorney Name and Bar Number]
Attorney for Plaintiff(s)/Defendant(s)
Arizona Superior Court, Maricopa County
Assigned to the Hon. [Judge]
This matter came before the Court on [identification of moving party]’s Motion to File Document(s) Under Seal. The Court has received and considered the memoranda and has heard the arguments of counsel.
Based on the matters presented, and pursuant to Ariz. R. Civ. P. 5.4(c) (Jan. 2018):, the Court makes the following findings and orders:
- The Clerk of the Court is ordered to file the following under seal: [identification of document or specific portions of document that may be filed under seal].
- An overriding interest exists that supports filing the [document/portions of document] identified above under seal and overcomes the public’s right of access, in that [description of interest];
- There is a substantial probability of prejudice to [identification of whether prejudice is to movant or another person] if sealing is not ordered, in that [description of prejudice];
- The proposed restriction on public access is no greater than necessary to preserve the confidentiality of the information to be sealed and subject to the overriding interest; and
- No reasonable, less restrictive alternative exists to preserve the confidentiality of the information to be sealed.
[BEGIN OPTIONAL PARAGRAPHS]
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, pursuant to Ariz. R. Civ. P. 5.4(c)(3)(B) (Jan. 2018)
- If not already done, the [name of movant] must file a publicly accessible version of the document that redacts only those portions of the document ordered to be sealed under this Order; and
- The Clerk of the Court is directed to file under seal the unredacted version of the document lodged with the Court.
[END OPTIONAL PARAGRAPHS].
Dated this [Day] of [Month], [Year].
[Name of Judge]
Presiding Judge of [Court System], County of [County]