[Firm Phone Number]
[Attorney Name and Bar Number]
Attorney for Plaintiff(s)
Arizona Superior Court, Maricopa County
AFFIDAVIT OF PROPRIETY FOR, AND SERVICE BY, PUBLICATION
Assigned to the Hon. [Judge]
[Affiant], being duly sworn, upon oath, deposes and says as follows:
- I am the attorney for plaintiff [Plaintiff] in this action. I submit this Affidavit to demonstrate the circumstances warranting the utilization of service of process under Ariz. R. Civ. P. 4.2(f) (2017) and to establish the completion of such service.
- I am informed and believe that defendant [Defendant] is not a resident of the State of Arizona and cannot be found herein.
- Investigation has indicated that the last-known residence address for defendant [Defendant] was in the State of [State].
- Diligent efforts have been made to ascertain a current address for defendant [Defendant], either within or without the State of Arizona, and they have been unsuccessful. [Detailed description of efforts made to locate and serve defendant].
- Accordingly, this is one of the cases in which Ariz. R. Civ. P. 4.2(f) (2017) authorizes service of process by means of publication.
- After exhausting the efforts detailed above in paragraph 4, I caused a Summons and a statement as to the method by which a copy of the Complaint could be obtained, to be published in [name of publication]. This newspaper is regularly published and circulated in the County where this action is pending.
- I caused the information described herein to be first published on [date of first publication] and published thereafter on the following dates [dates of additional publication], which is at least once a week for four successive weeks.
- A true copy of the Summons, and of the statement as to the manner in which a copy of the Complaint could be obtained, as printed and published, is attached to this Affidavit as Exhibit 1.
- Service was complete on [date of competed service], which is thirty (30) days after the first publication.
Dated this [Day] of [Month], [Year].
[Name of Plaintiff’s Attorney]
Attorney for Plaintiff