[Firm Phone Number]
[Attorney Name and Bar Number]
Attorney for Plaintiff(s)/Defendant(s)
[Trial Court System], [County]
Assigned to the Hon. [Judge]
This matter came before the Court on [identification of moving party]’s Motion to File Document(s) Under Seal. The Court has received and considered the memoranda and has heard the arguments of counsel.
Based on the matters presented, and pursuant to [local civil rule]:, the Court makes the following findings and orders:
- The Clerk of the Court is ordered to file the following under seal: [identification of document or specific portions of document that may be filed under seal].
- An overriding interest exists that supports filing the [document/portions of document] identified above under seal and overcomes the public’s right of access, in that [description of interest];
- There is a substantial probability of prejudice to [identification of whether prejudice is to movant or another person] if sealing is not ordered, in that [description of prejudice];
- The proposed restriction on public access is no greater than necessary to preserve the confidentiality of the information to be sealed and subject to the overriding interest; and
- No reasonable, less restrictive alternative exists to preserve the confidentiality of the information to be sealed.
[BEGIN OPTIONAL PARAGRAPHS]
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, pursuant to [local civil rule]:
- If not already done, the [name of movant] must file a publicly accessible version of the document that redacts only those portions of the document ordered to be sealed under this Order; and
- The Clerk of the Court is directed to file under seal the unredacted version of the document lodged with the Court.
[END OPTIONAL PARAGRAPHS].
Dated this [Day] of [Month], [Year].
[Name of Judge]
Presiding Judge of [Court System], County of [County]