[Firm Phone Number]
[Attorney Name and Bar Number]
Attorney for Plaintiff(s)
Arizona Superior Court, Maricopa County
AFFIDAVIT OF PROPRIETARY FOR, AND COMPLETION OF, OUT OF STATE SERVICE BY MAIL
Assigned to the Hon. [Judge]
[Affiant], being duly sworn, upon oath, deposes and says as follows:
- I am the attorney for the plaintiff in this action and submit this Affidavit to demonstrate the circumstances warranting the utilization of the alternative method for service of process authorized by Ariz. R. Civ. P. 4.2(c) (2017)and to establish the completion of such service.
- The party to be served, Defendant [Defendant], is an individual who does not reside within the State of Arizona but has caused an event to occur within this state which gives rise to plaintiff’s claims herein. Defendant’s current residence address is: [Defendant’s address].
- On [date of dispatch], I caused a Summons and a true copy of the Complaint in this action to be dispatched, properly addressed to the defendant [Defendant] at [Defendant’s address], by a form of mail requiring the return of a signed receipt therefor, all applicable postage prepaid.
- On [date of return of receipt to sender], I received the [identification of receipt] receipt which had been signed by the defendant, indicating [Defendant] received the Summons and a copy of the Complaint, on [date of receipt by party being served].
- The original and genuine receipt signed by the defendant, indicating that [Defendant] received the Summons and a copy of the Complaint on [date of service] is attached to this Affidavit as Exhibit 1.
Dated this [Day] of [Month], [Year].
Attorney for Plaintiff